Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Space Derby

I've been wanting our pack to experience a space derby for quite some time. I finally found someone to build a track for us and we did it!

Having never done a space derby before, I did a lot of online research. I read that you should use a potato peeler to carve your wood. It worked beautifully.
Then I came across these cool treats that I just HAD to make for all the cubs.

Since we only have 6 cub scouts, we invited the families to make their own ships as well. I'm not sure who was more excited about that....Genevieve or Wayne.



On to the race.....

To keep the younger kids busy, Sister Wood brought a cute space bean bag toss board.

Wayne and his X-Wing Fighter.

All but one of my cubs and their ships.

It was a fun event that we plan on doing every year now that I have a track!


1 comment:

  1. That is SOOOO cool!! I wish I could have been there. Can't wait to attend next year. You are an awesome leader Karen!!

    ReplyDelete