Sunday, April 11, 2010

And he's off....

Hayden was a little bummed about not being able to do the triathlon last week with Tyler. So, a friend told me about this 1k for kids. You should have seen Hayden's face when I told him about it. He was so excited! It was finally his turn! We only had a week to get him ready. Unfortunately we were pretty busy that week and so he "trained" only once with Dad.
-

-
That night he wrote this in his journal:
-
I did a 1k. Hadre thin I expeted. I wokt a letl bit thin I jogd. I finshd.
-
Translation: I did a 1k. (It was) harder than I expected. I walked a little bit then I jogged. I finished.
-
I'm so proud of you Hayden for trying something new!

2 comments:

  1. How AWESOME! I had no idea there were such great activities for these little ones to participate in! You're boys are so Great! Good job Tyler and Hayden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Hayden!! I'm so proud of you! That is great that he did it and finished!!!

    ReplyDelete